At Vancouver Dentist, our dentist is one of one the top Invisalign preferred providers in Vancouver. We offer variety of Invisalign treatments from simple to complicated cases. Invisalign® using a computer generated series of aligners to straighten teeth. Invisible clear plastic are an alternative to traditional braces which align your teeth step by step to take them to final perfect stage. The best Invisalign treatment relies mostly on the proper computer design, knowledge of cosmetic dentistry and bite adjustment. Once aligners made, each removable Invisalign aligner is worn for 2 weeks until the final results obtained.
Advantages of Invisalign
- It is clear and almost invisible with no braces or brackets
- Removable: Patient can remove aligners and enjoy any food they wish. Invisalign also allow for better teeth cleaning and hygiene as there is no wire on the way
- Faster treatment: On average, since the movement applies by plastic rather than wire, the movement is faster as plastic apply pressure over a period of 2 weeks rather than a big wire force for a month.
- More comfortable: Invisalign pressures are more gradual and as a result the treatment is painless
- Predictable: Since we do scanning prior to treatment, we can show you how your teeth will look like before even starting treatment. Viewing the result ahead of time make it more predictable for both invisalign provider and patient.
- Hygienic: Since Invisiline aligners are removable, there would be food trapment around wires and brushing or flossing would not be challenging.
Benefits of straight teeth
There are many advantages to have straight teeth;
- Cosmetic: Everyone knows about the benefit of having more beautiful smile. Straight and proportionate teeth give you more confidence and more reasons to smile.
- Function: Having upright teeth with proper bite allow for better ability to chew and grind food. It also put the load on tooth and TMJ more favourable.
- Health: Crowded teeth are harder to clean and spaced teeth get more food trapment which result in more incidence of gum disease.
What can be treated by Invisalign
Invisiline can treat a variety of cases;
- Spaced teeth: Spacing between teeth can create space for food impaction. Invisalign can close spaces gradually to create a good contact between teeth.
- Crowded teeth: People with crowded teeth may net be able to clean between their teeth properly which make them more prone to get gum disease. Also crowded teeth put teeth is different angulation which is not good loaded by the force of chewing.
- Open bite: This is a condition that there would be no contact between top and bottom teeth either on back or front teeth.
- Narrow arch: Expansion of narrow arch can be achieved by Invisalign.